You will be aware that there is another climate change strike tomorrow, which I am supportive of and will authorise absence as long as there is parental permission.
There are a number of conditions;
- They have written to me directly – either via letter or email
- Their parents have confirmed their attendance is something they wish
- They are attending an official strike meeting place – nearest is Southampton or Winchester
- There are present for Registration and period 1 if they are attending the Southampton strike which starts at 11.00am unless they have good reason not to – eg attending official event in somewhere like London. If they are attending the Winchester event, which is at 10.00am, they should return to school after the event.
- They are not found wandering around Romsey – there is no official meeting there.
I need to know that they are safe so they cannot just leave because their friends are.