Statement of British values and how we integrate this into our curriculum
British Values and Diversity
‘Schools should promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs’
- enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence.
- enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England.
- encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely.
- enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England.
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures.
- encourage respect for other people.
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.
How British values are taught through our PSHE curriculum
Safe Guarding – How to keep children safe & contact details if you have concerns.